Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Where were you???

We all decided that we were going to "be somewhere" or "be something" by the time we turned a certain age. Well, have you make you "something" or "somewhere"? I can say yes and no...

I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, a mom, an amazing friend, a supportive sister and daughter, and someone my children and family would be proud of. There is nothing more rewarding than to be the shoulder that a family member needs, an ear that needs to listen, even the person that they need to vent to. It's what family is all about - being there for each other! Friends are an important part of my day...they are my way out of a crazy life! They make me laugh...They have my back...They are my support...They are what gets me through a day, most days! Then there's being a mom!! Kids have always been like a magnet to me. I want to be the mom that they look up to, want to be like, and are proud of! I think that I have managed to be those things for them!

What I didn't think I would be doing is raising 2 boys as a single mother. I am not raising my boys alone, because I have my family right by my side. In addition, the boys have their dad. Jason is a good father to them, and I love to hear the stories they come back with! I also never thought I'd have two masters degrees, 2 certifications, and 10 years of teaching experience under my belt! Wow! That sounds exciting, doesn't it! So, all in all...I haven't done too bad?

How about you? Are you where you thought you would be.....?

2 comments:

Robbie Gilliam said...

Well... that's a tough thing to think about. Let's see... I always knew I wanted to be a teacher. However, I wanted to be a football coach and teach high school. It wasn't until I had my kids that I felt a strong urge to teach younger kids. So... I guess you could say that its a yes and no sorta thing. Another thing that I wish I had done was started teaching right out of school, instead of waiting until I was in my 30's. Things would have been easier to say the least. And I always thought I'd still be married. I think I have done pretty well as a single father, even though I have a tendency to want to pull my "Lack of" hair out. All in all, I am pretty happy where I'm at. Great friends, kids that keep me on my toes, and an awesome job. What more could I ask for....

Boys will be Boys! said...

Not much, G!!! Strange how life changes, but priorities & expectations never do!! We put our families first & expect only the best in all we do!!! I'd say we have it pretty damn good.....