Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

The Fourth of July used to never really mean much to me-it was actually just an extra special weekend to drink lots of beer! But as I've gotten older, I've learned just how amazing this holiday really is...we have freedoms that others don't. We have men and women, moms and dads, brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles fighting for these freedoms, and I am proud of each of them!! God Bless you each and every day. You are true heroes in my/our books!

Every year since I can possibly remember, Shiner has hosted a Half Moon Holidays Fourth of July celebration. This includes craft booths, food stands, petting zoo, shaved ice, Moon walks, water slides, fishing tournaments for kids, 5K & 10K runs, etc. This year's main attrations for my family was the cook-off. My brother, Hvy-D, and hubby, J-Bird, decided to join in the fun. H&C was the sponsor for The H&Cizzlers-yea, you shoulda been there! They entered in all catagories and won 7th place in sausage and placed in ribs and beans...now this may not seem like much to you, but to a bunch of backwoods yahoos, it was worth it!



Here are a couple of pictures of the kids at the park...





H&C also sponsored a softball team. Dylan and Drew both played and did okay. I think they ended up placing 5th out of 12 teams-don't quote me, though! Here are some pics from there.






We had a great weekend. Jay and Dusty sweated their butts off, but all in all, they had a good time together doing so! The boys were able to spend some time with their dad in between turning meat, cleaning up, and whatever else came up! Thanks to Dad and Mr. C for helping support their cooking and drinking causes...it is so appreciated! We love you!!!

No comments: