Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas

Not really sure where to begin with catching everyone up!! It's been since August that I've updated. So here's the best I can do.....

Jake:
He is growing like a weed!! Every day is something new & interesting in his life! He is the sweetest, kindest, most loving child I think I know! He handles most everything that is handed to him-literally & figuratively!! He has continued talking up a storm. The most popular line is "I not mean. I niicccceeeee". Of course this comes out usually after he & Bryce have gotten into an argument and/or disagreement. He blames Bryce & then clearly states that he's "niiccceee"! The first couple of times I bought it...now it's just be come a joke!!

Jake loves footballs & baseball! In Wal-Mart-Mom & I took Bryce, Mia, & Jake to eat-Jake insisted that he have a metal bat just because. I did everything to change his mind: we have to go to Academy & get fitted for one, you don't want a red one, it's too small, etc. He didn't care! He wanted it....no, he didn't get it, but settled on a Nerf one.

Santa was very good to him!! Jason was very understanding & allowed the boys to stay one night with me over Christmas!! I so appreciated that:) The boys & I opened presents on the 23rd. Jake got his "whore"!!! Yes that is correct!!! Of course he has no idea what that word is & NEITHER DID WE!!!! He would get so mad when we would ask for clarification. He said you pull it apart, spin it around, & close it up real fast. Now, I'm not the most educated, but that sounds about right!!! In addition I can buy it at Target! He even told Santa & Father Bob this!!! As we would ask questions, he said it louder & with more emphasis!!! Well, after MONTHS of trying to figure this out....I took him to Target!!! Yay! We figured it out-a SWORD!!!! Yep-in Target, he announces, "Momma, my whore!" Yes, I immediately say,"that's what you were talking about." and send out a mass text to all those interested!!!

He also got Teddy bears and lots of toys....we were supposed to be downsizing!

Bryce:
Wow!! That about sums him up! He has become this little person that seems to understand life just like us...he is reading! Now as a reading teacher for NINE years, this pleases me!! Does he tease Harry Potter? No, but he is sounding out words & able to put sentences together!! This is a start!! Math...I'll be interested to see what the second semester brings.

Bryce also enjoyed his Christmas... He is at the age that he REALLY believes in Santa!!! My dad took him, Jake, & Mia for a mule ride so that we could put out the presents----TO LOOK FOR SANTA!!! Well, it worked! Dad said that he would see red & say,"maybe that's him", or hear a noise & make them think it was jingle bells.....I mean he had em going, which he's really good at!!!

Bryce got a DSiXL.....this was all he asked for!!! Of course, it's not all he got!! He really likes the Legos & remote control helicopter....that was something he & his Pappa were checking out one weekend! Lots of Mario stuff & more

All in all the gifts were appreciated & perfect for them! But we can't forget why CHRISTmas is what it is...and I hope to instill this in the boys!

Me:
I can sum it up in just a few amazing words.....God is good!!! Love MY life & MY boys!!!

No comments: