Friday, July 10, 2009

The Toy Fairy

A friend of mine and I were talking/bitchin about having to pick up toys. While I don't like to pick up, I really hate to see the thousands of dollars in toys that Bryce doesn't play with sitting in the closet, on the floor, in the playroom, in Jake's room, in the living room, in whatever other corner of the house we can find! So, she said that in Parents magazine, there was an article that referred to a Pick-up Fairy that came to the house and collected toys that weren't picked up. How this changed the household, apparently! So I thought I'd give it a try!

Yesterday while Bryce and Mia were whining and arguing about what to do, I reminded him of of the Toy Fairy...it was like a flash to play with toys. Then at the end of the night, toys were picked up and the floor was clean!! Today, when we left to get Jake, Bryce about had a fit because toys were on the floor, and The Fairy might come get them. What the hell do I do? We have to leave, but he called me on something.... so we picked up the toys. I helped and praised him for being a big boy!

Mind you the fairy, though it sounds very prissy and painsy...is a HIM in our house! Tamela, our secret fairy, may have to put her hubby on the phone to play this out in the event we have to call!!!

I'll let you know how things are going! Enjoy your weekend...

No comments: