Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oh, what a weekend!

This weekend was quite fast. Friday night we had supper with The Winkenwerder Family at their house. The pool and Slip-n-slide were both in full swing, and they had a blast. The whole intention of getting together was to look at where we are going to stay for our vacation together. Well, we started to do so, only to find nothing! And what we did find-Goodness! People are asking an arm and leg to just sleep there! So, still we look. I love to stay in Port Aransas, but we want to stay in Rockport to be able to fish-we'll see. Originally, Galveston was THE destination...guess I was outvoted...we'll see. During the UT baseball game, we decided to play Guitar Hero on the Wii-but all of us tried to play. They have the drums, 2 guitars, and microphone. Well, after a LOONNGG time, we finally got it to work. And we had soooo much fun-well, Dawn and I did! Once we stopped and looked at the time, it was 11:30pm. TIME TO HEAD OUT! No one wanted to leave, but everyone was so tired. Once loaded in the car, we headed out and before we got to the stop sign, the boys were out!

Saturday morning, Jay was gone doing something with a cow-what fun! So I was at home with the boys-WHAT FUN! We sat outside and played in the sand pile-and when I say pile, I mean pile. When everyone decided to come home and stay home, we ate lunch, got comfy (buried the AC) and took naps!!! The plan was to have Father's Day with my family that night, but we also had a very good friend's bridal shower that same evening-what to do! Well, I made both!!! The boys stayed at Mom & Dad's house with Jason while I attended the shower. I had a really good time and did not particularly want to leave, but I wanted to spend time with Dad as well-and Jamie was very understanding! At Mom & Dad's, we always have fun-the kids have a blast! It's not very often that they are able to get together, much less get along! But they did tonight. BBQ-ed chicken for supper...hats off to the cooks! It was great! But again, we looked at the clock, and it reads 11:45pm-it was almost the next day! Bryce had a hard time understanding that...Off to the farm, and alseep before the end of the block!

Sunday morning, I did not make church, but I could have because at 6:00 our rooster-YES, A ROOSTER-woke me up! If I could have found a gun.......we would have had chicken noodle soup! Jason, my dad, and Dusty decided the night before they were going to go fishing. They really meant it because they were on the boat in the tank, casting their lines by 6:00 am! Again, everyone finished, came in, washed up, and got ready to go to Jason's family for Father's Day. We got to spend the day with Kelly and Sydeny, playing and learning all that she's now into. How they grow up so fast! We had lunch, dessert, and then sat around some more. Jake couldn't make it. He fell asleep on my lap, Bryce was getting grouchy, and Sydney was already in her bed. This all pointed to us needingot head home-and we did. We had a nice evening at home to celebrate Jason's Father's Day with the boys, too.

As soon as I upload my pictures, I'll post! Enjoy your week....

No comments: